Checklist For A Successful Mediation
- Send a brief summary of your case to Bergman ADR Group in advance of your mediation. This can be in the form of one or two pages of bullet points, or a narrative of the case. Click here to view a sample attorney information sheet.
- Discuss the case thoroughly between attorney and client in order to develop a general idea of what terms might be acceptable to you at mediation.
- Try not to draw a�?lines in the sanda�? before mediation. Keep an open mind. Things may be revealed during the mediation that will change the dynamics of the case and influence your thinking.
- Discuss the mediation process throughly between attorney and client and review the Agreement For Mediation and Rules For Mediation, which outlines the process.
- Save your adversarial attitude for the courtroom. Remember, mediation is about negotiating a settlement, not winning a war.