Arbitrated/Mediated $95+ BILLION in disputes
Cases Arbitrated: 250+; Cases Mediated: 4,500+
Arbitration and Mediation – international and domestic
Arbitrated and mediated $95+ Billion in international and domestic disputes since 1990 with emphasis on complex multi-party cases including extensive experience in areas of banking, bankruptcy, business, commercial, condemnation, contracts, construction, consumer, copyright, corporate, employment, eminent domain, energy, franchise, fraud, healthcare, insurance, landlord/tenant, malpractice, maritime, mass tort, municipalities, oil & gas, partnership, personal injury, premises liability, probate, product liability, real estate, securities, toxic tort, trademark and trade secrets.
Served as single arbitrator, panelist and chairman on more than 250 international and domestic arbitrations since 1990 in complex multi-party disputes including banking, business, commercial, construction, consumer, contract, employment, energy, franchise, healthcare, insurance, malpractice, partnership, personal injury, real estate and securities matters.
Board Certified in Civil Trial Law litigating since 1980 at all levels of state and federal trial and appellate courts and arbitration proceedings in multiple areas of complex commercial and business litigation.
J.D., South Texas College of Law, 1980; B.A. University of Florida, 1977.
5,000+ hours of basic and advanced international and domestic arbitration, mediation, negotiation training and teaching experience; trained more than 5,000 attorney-mediators and judges across Canada, England, Mexico, Turkey and 50+ cities in the United States; Adjunct Professor at South Texas College of Law and Pepperdine Law School teaching classes in mediation and negotiation.
• Board Certified Texas Board of Legal Specialization – Civil Trial Law
• Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, State Bar of Texas – Past Chairman
• American Arbitration Association – Panelist on Numerous Panels
• American Health Lawyers Association – Panelist
• Association of Attorney Mediators – Past National President
• Charter Institute of Arbitrators – Fellow and Past Board Member NAB
• College of Commercial Arbitrators – Fellow and Board Member
• International Center for Dispute Resolution – Panelist on Numerous Panels
• International Chamber of Commerce – Panelist
• Litigation Section and ADR Section of the Houston Bar Association – Past Chairman
• Minimum Continuing Legal Education Committee, State Bar of Texas – Past Chairman
Voted #1 Best Individual Mediator/Arbitrator in Houston, Texas Lawyer-Best Survey,
U.S. News-Best Lawyers Survey. Martindale-Hubble AV Preeminent rated;
Named "Texas Super Lawyer" by Texas Monthly magazine annually since 2003.